Welcome to the 1860's History Ball Dance Information blog where you can find out about upcoming Balls and other events. I have learned some new dances while Civil War Reenacting that I am eager to share with you at the upcoming Balls.
Did you know that... to protect the integrity of these History Balls, they are never advertised to the general public, and the only people you see at a Ball have been invited by someone who already attends? The only way that our Civil War Balls continue and grow is if our regular attendees invite new people!
I've been calling dances for other events besides our Grand Balls, and I thought you might enjoy some photos and youtube videos of the events, so I've added a few on this blog for you to see.
These events are for you, and I am happy to host and call events when and where they are desired. These 1860's History Balls began as a ministry to homeschooling families. We will continue to serve those families and our other families who have attended along with their invited guests. If you have friends who are like-minded and who would be happy to abide by the standards and goals that are set for these events, then you are welcome to invite them to come.
Mrs. Debra Newby
1860's Hisotry Ball in Atascadero
Saturday, March 18, 2017
At Atascadero Bible Church
From 7:30 to 11:00 pm
Tickets go on sale on February 14, 2017
Tickets $12 per person ages 5 and up until February 27th
Tickets $14 per person after February 27th
When you mail your ticket order, please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and number of attendees. For example: Smith 5. (All other information will go on your index card.) See blue box below for more information.
Raising the bar in social activities in a world where good wholesome fun is hard to come by, it gives us great pleasure to bring you these 1860's History Balls full of excellent historic value, complete with proper etiquette, dance instruction and memories to take home that will last a lifetime. Fun for all ages, and no experience is necessary! Guaranteed to be one of the more memorable things you will ever do.
To help achieve the goals for quality, excellence, integrity and historical value at these balls, we ask the following of our attendees:1) This is a formal event. Dresses or long skirts for women and slacks and ties for men. Period attire, hoopskirts for ladies and vests and jackets for men, are always welcome.
2) All dancers are required to wear gloves. (A limited number of gloves will be available at the door for a suggested donation of $5 per pair.)
3) This is a family event. Dancers under the age of 18 shall be accompanied by their parents or come as the guest of another responsible adult.
4) Modesty is of the utmost importance. No cleavage, plunging necklines or bare shoulders, please.
5) To maintain the authenticity and historical value of this event, we strongly encourage all dancers to read our blogs on "Modesty, Manners and What to Wear" which can be found at http://www.heritagedanceevents.blogspot.com/. Click 2009/September.
6)Please bring a plate of finger foods to share.
7) By purchasing tickets, you are indicating that you and your guests have read and will abide by the above standards.